Presence Health hospitals have the most advanced robotics available - the high definition da Vinci Surgical System. This revolutionary technology gives our surgeons an incredibly close-up 3-D view inside the body - magnified 10x.
Designed to expand the surgeon's capabilities, da Vinci translates hand movements into precise micro-movements of specialized instruments. With robotics, even complex and delicate procedures can be performed through tiny incisions - for the first time offering a minimally invasive option for major surgery.
- Shorter hospital stays
- Quicker recovery
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Smaller incisions
- Less scarring
Specialties and procedures
- Prostate surgery, including prostatectomy
- Partial nephrectomy (procedure to remove part of the kidney)
- Gallbladder removal
- Bladder surgery
- Colorectal surgery
Single-incision robotic surgery
Many of our hospitals offer single-incision robotic surgery. Single-incision surgery is done through one tiny incision through the belly button, making it virtually scarless.
Currently, hysterectomies and gallbladder removal can be done using single-incision robotic surgery.
Open procedure: a long incision
Laparoscopic procedure: multiple small incisions
a single small incision
See what some of our patients are saying:
Presence Health hospitals offering robotic surgery:
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital—Chicago
- Presence Mercy Medical Center
- Presence Saints Mary and Elizabeth
- Presence Saint Francis Hospital
- Presence Resurrection Medical Center
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical Center
- Presence United Samaritans
- Presence Covenant Medical Center